Thursday, August 28, 2008

Still no sign @ 38wks 6days

It's 1 day shy of 39 weeks and guess what.. nothing is happening! Although engaged, his orientation is still towards my left rather than downwards towards the 'door'. Meaning, it wouldn't be happening soon I guess.

There has been loads of anticipation and anxious since I'm 37 weeks. Telling myself he is all ready to see the world. But I guess the word 'ready' is not for me to say. Every progressive day my joints ache more, the groin feels more pain (sometimes to the extend of experiencing sharp pain) but still no signs of labor.

Although I tell myself that there will always be a chance of me going through c-section again for various reasons, I'll be damn disappointed if eventually I have to go through one because there is just no signs of labor coming even when the due day approaches. Dr Heng has scheduled me to see her again next Thursday (1 day before EDD). She says by then if Nigel still not out, we'll talk about alternatives (ie induce or c-section).

I don't think I will want to induce as I always feel that the failure rate is high. Besides, if Nigel continues to grow inside, he'll prob hit 3.4kgs soon? If that's the case, wldn't it be more difficult to birth him naturally? In any case, I've decided, if he is late, I'll opt for c-section.

BTW, he is 3244gm today. All the beef, durian and ice cream works! But of course.. mom puts on weight too! hahahaha

No comments: