Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Bday Mom



Today is my birthday. While approaching this day, I kept wondering if Nigel will choose to be born today as well. Some of my friends, even my sis, thought that it would be nice to have your son sharing your birthday.. but somehow I prefer that each of us have our own birthday :p

It was a rainy day, which wasn't what I was looking forward to. But nonetheless we have 'plans' for today. 1) We are going to buy the ice cream cake from Swensen's as I have 20% off; 2) We are going to watch the fireworks at Kae Lip's office and 3) Get and free sundae from Swensen's.

I wasn't 100% sure about the free sundae thingie so I sms around but none gave me a concrete answer. Searching Swensen's website is of no use too coz it wasn't stated. Just before lunch, we headed to Swensen's in PP to buy the ice cream cake. There, I verified with the staff at if it's ur birthday, you'll get a free Birthday Firehouse and it's applicable to both kids AND adults. Hurray!

While at Swensen's we asked Val to pick the cake and she picked the choc cake (*yummy*). Once back home, she asked to eat the cake (which we originally wanted to eat only tomorrow). It's really hard to say 'no' to her coz she was anticipating the cake since we reached Swesen's so we told her to finish her lunch 1st. Once she finish her lunch, she skipped to us and announced "I finish my lunch already".. so.. no choice, we cut a slice for her, as promised.

Come dinner, we went to Swensen's at PP (again!). This time to have dinner and get my free Birthday Firehouse. She had be mee-sua before coming out so she's full and all ready to eat up the ice cream. Thankfully Swensen's supply some drawings and free colour pencils so that kept her bz for a while.

When the Firehouse finally came, Valerie sang birthday song... to herself! hahaha. Once we blew the candle, the 1st thing she 'attacked' on the sundae was... the WHIPPED CREAM! hahaha The ice cream taste great but the whole event meant more to me than anything. It's a simple celebration of sorts and I enjoyed every single moment of it :)

Ultimately we didn't go see the fireworks as it was a wet day and the rest of the gang decided to go KTV rather than Kae Lip's office, so we headed home after PP to chill out.

Simple birthday, but very memorable still :)

No comments: