Saturday, August 30, 2008

Joshua's 1st Bday

Since Nigel doesn't seemed to be ready to see the world as yet, we decided to goto Joshua's bday party today. Julian was DH's cadet and is one of DH's golf kaki. I do know that he comes from a wealthy family but I didn't really expect that his parents' house would have their own POOL. Yes, swimming pool and no, it's not a size of a bathtub. I reckon it's a quarter olympic size pool.

It's definitely one of the most child-friendly birthday party we've attended ever. Why? Because they have little tables & chairs for kids! When Valerie saw those little tables & chairs, she said "School!" hahahaha. When I checked with Julian, he said his friend owns My Gym and lend him those tables & chairs FOC. And there's also the bouncing castle next to the pool which he rented from a friend at a mere S$200.

During the party, I observed the guests and I realised that most (if not all) are definitely from the upper income bracket. Other than Julian's relatives who are obviously in the same league as them, Julian also invited his golf kakis. And I saw their wives carrying Bottega/Loewe/Gucci handbags, wearing huge diamond rings and expensive watches. All of them with manicure hands & feet. The cars parked outside the party house? Mainly Mercz & BMWs. What do they work as? Private bankers, financial advisors, lawyers etc. How old are these people? Less than 40. It's crazy I tell you.

Do I feel out of place? Slightly, I must admit, but I tell myself, as long as you are happy, everything is secondary. And I must say, I am happy with whatever I have now. :)

No comments: