Thursday, July 31, 2008

What a scare!

Tonight Valerie made us scramble like crazy. As usual, around 9pm we'll bring her upstairs to her room. Because of the hot weather, HB turn on the aircon for her. As we have yet to bathe, we'll normally leave her in her own room to do some writting or play some toys while we go bathe. Since the air con was on, we have to close the room door.

From our bedroom, I can hear her calling HB coz HB promised her that we'll goto disneychannel's website to play some interactive game. So I told HB I'll bring the computer to her room 1st and keep her company while he bathe. But when I went to her door, I was shocked to find that she has accidentally lock it from inside!!! I try to ask her to turn the knob again but she kept playing with the door handle!

In order not to scare her, I just tell her to play on her own first. I went 2nd floor, trying to find the keys but have totally no recollection where they were kept. So I asked MIL & FIL if they remember where the keys were. I tried to stay calm but it sure freaked out my MIL!

I remembered the keys were inside a leather folder of some sort. I tried the 2nd floor study room, the cabinets outside etc etc but couldn't find it. MIL is outside Valerie's room trying to tell her why she lock herself inside (obviously she didn't do it on purpose!)

Finally FIL found them, in key chains, inside a box which was kept in the altar drawer. We quickly went upstairs to open the door. In order not to scare her, I gave her a smiling face when I open the door but deep inside I was FREAKING OUT!

Thank god everything is settled within 15mins or so. I was so worried that my MIL will scare her and she starts getting panicky inside coz that'll make matter worse!

No comments: