Monday, October 20, 2008

When is too much TV a bad thing?

Was it ever a good thing to introduce TV anyway? I don't know. I didn't want to read those articles coz I don't wish to try to be the best mom and only do all the 'correct' things. Of course I know too much TV is bad, but when is it considered too much? I guess I know the answer now.

Valerie is definitely having way too much TV. Average FIVE hours a day. 1 hour before she goes to school, and at least another 4 hours after she wakes up (5pm - 9pm). It's just too much TV. The moment she wakes up she'll ask for Playhouse Disney. Sigh.

What can be done? Now that we've shifted here, the playground is a tat far for MIL. Other than letting her watch TV, she really do not know how to 'entertain' her. Valerie is already 3+, she should try her hands on some writting (tracing) and recognising words.

I think I must really put my thoughts into action. While I'm still on maternity leave, I should try to bring her to the playground daily. At least try to cut down on TV for the time being.

No comments: