Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Val's new bed has arrived!



Val's mickey bed came yesterday morning. We have yet to get the super single size mattress so what we did now is to use her single size one and fill up the gaps with spare pillows. When I reached home and asked her, she said she liked the bed and said bed was nice. After her bath, she wanted to stay in her room and looked very excited about her new bed.

We thought that's good, it means no more struggles to sleep on the bumper mat tonight since she liked her bed.. Nooooooooooooo! It was yet another horrible night. She didn't want to sleep on the bed, wanting to sleep on the bumper mat again. She began crying loudly when hubby asked her to sleep on the bed.

Hearing her cries from next room, I went in. I didn't do much, just sat at the end to prevent her from climbing down. I didn't scold her. Neither did I talk to her much. I just sat there.. 'guarding' the exit. She whined a little here & there.. but eventually she accepted her bed and slept on the pillow. But her constant tossing & turning, scratching and getting up to adjust her quilt really drives me crazy. But I stayed patient.. waited & waited.. until she finally slept.

It took me ONE FULL HOUR to wait for her to sleep. This one hour felt like eternity... but at least, the 1st night went 'smoothly' of sorts.

No comments: