Thursday, April 24, 2008

Peek-a-boo

Saw Dr Heng today. She went through the report with me, explaining to me what the detailed scan has done and that baby is normal & healthy. She also commented that baby is 'fat' as his AC (adominal circum) is roughly the same size as his HC (head circum). Typically baby at this stage should have a bigger head she explained. But weight wise, she said it's ok at 383gm.

After that, she explained the blood test report to me. Other than my haemoglobin level is below the mark (which means I have to start taking iron supplements.. yucks!), everything is ok. The triple tests results are negative so baby is healthy.

Weight wise, I only gained 0.8kg from last week (4 weeks back), which I think is attributable to my flu. She offered to prescibe me with cough mixture but I declined since I still have.

I was lucky as there wasn't any patients waiting outside and Dr Heng agreed to do another scan for me. I was only thinking of the normal 2D scan, but to my surprise, she did an FOC 3D scan for me! This boy definitely have a sharper nose than Valerie. Dr Heng said he is a pretty boy.

But the scan also revealed another 'disturbing' thing, ie the cord was around his neck at that time. It wasn't there yesterday. Hopefully he'll move away from it as there is nothing we can do at this stage...

No comments: