Saturday, March 7, 2009

Shocking news...

We all know the economy is in recession. News of people being retrenched is printed everywhere. But frankly, it never occurred to me that it'll hit home. At least maybe I was too busy to think.

Friday, after I came home from work.. mother told me.. Ben has been retrenched as the bank is closing down their asset mgt division. I was in shocked. Having 2 young kids and 2 housing loan.. such an unfortunate event is really.. I dunno.. unthinkable.

I didn't get to speak to Hui directly, but she did talk briefly with Seng. Now Ben still needs to go back to office to clear up the loose ends. So as of now, they have to start tightening their belts considerably. At least now, Ben will still be drawing some salary while the bank settles all the outstanding stuff before officially closing down the division.

Really pray hard that Ben finds a job soon.

No comments: