Sunday, March 8, 2009

In 2 minds

Since Monday.. it has been a roller coaster ride for me.. in alot of sense.

1) I was offered a job.. higher salary, a promise of shorter hours.
2) When I tendered, I was informed that I am to be promoted this coming Apr and that they have been (or at least started to) recruit someone to cover my duties after I am promoted.
3) Even if I do want to leave, I'm not allowed to clear my leave, meaning I have to serve 2 months notice.
4) The new coy is unable to wait that long

I like where I am now, colleagues are nice and I'm comfortable here. My only issues is that work load is rather heavy becoz there is just no one I could really delegate my work to. At times, I do wish my boss could be more open with HR issues? When I did communicate with her that I couldn't cope and need a shadow so that I can at least go on leave, she didn't tell me that they are recuiting. I felt that information should have been shared then, not when I tendered.

Easing of workload has been promised before, when I 1st tendered 2 yrs back. It had improved somewhat after GYC came on board, at least I need not review AN's work anymore. But frankly, bulk of the work still stays w me. Now 2 yrs on and seeing no major progress.. I thought, why not give the other coy a try. It's a big name as well and seemed to have a more efficient work process.

But now.. I'm not sure anymore..

To make things 'worse'.. news of Ben's retrenchment... I know it doesn't concern me directly, but I can't help but think if I do change job, does it make Seng's parents worry about my job security? Frankly, I think I'm safe. But do they feel the same? I think they are already worried for their daugther. Do I want to add to their concern?

Tomorrow is Monday. I want to and need to have a conclusion on this. To inform my coy that I'm staying or going. And I'm still torn.. not sure where I want to be...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's really a difficult decision to make. Cant really help you on this?
So what have you make in the end?