Wednesday, September 30, 2009

EARTHQUAKE!!

This time I really felt it. I was in office, busy walking around getting signatures and stuff when a colleague of mine stopped me and asked "Do you feel that the building is shaking?" I couldn't felt it at first and even joked "Was it because I walked too fast & too hard?"

But after a while almost everyone is feeling it.. and soon I felt it too! The feeling is pretty much like I'm on a boat. That lasted for like 10 secs? Not very long but not short either. It was already 6plus then and most of thme decided they will want to go home.

Not long after, the building management announced that we have to evacuate the building and most of us did. I couldn't go home coz I need to stay back to ensure that the announcement gets done. After hanging downstairs (the haze was bad!) for maybe 10 mins, we were allowed back into the office to resume our biz..

After that we heard that the tremble is the effect of an earthquake at Sumatra measuring a high of 7.9 on the richter scale.

No comments: